Crossover is a tool to limit the "frequency range" to be accepted by the speaker. Imagine that the court act as traffic police, which regulates the flow to the tweeter, midrange and bass for the subwoofer.
Imagine if you had not crossed, the frequency will be chaos, there is a loss of low frequency on high street frekwesni tweeter on the subwoofer, so it is not effective and also if there are strangers in the low-pitched sounds, and can also be broken tweeter for bass. so they should let all directional crossover.
- Capacitor must be non-polar capacitor types with a voltage rating of 50 volt or more (preferably 100 volt).
- Capacitor may be paralled to achieve specified values.
- Resistors should be 100 Watts or more.
This is the formula to calculate the inductance value of an inductor. Of course, this formula can be inverted to calculate the number of inductor winding inductance if its value is determined.
- L: inductance in H (Henry)
- m: permeability core (core), m = 1 (Special inductor without core / winding water)
- mo: vacuum air permeability, mo = 4p x 10-7
- N: number of inductor winding
- A: inductors sectional area (m2)
- l: length of the inductor (m)